This is my go-to pecan pie recipe. I really like the golden syrup instead of corn syrup (I’ve found it at Wegman’s in the international section).
PECAN PIE III
Based on this recipe.
6 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 cup (200 g) dark brown sugar
3/4 cup golden syrup
1-2 pinches sea salt
2 cups (225 g) pecan halves
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. bourbon (optional)
2 tsp. vanilla
3 large eggs
- Heat over to 400 degrees. Par-bake pie crust for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Freeze crust for 15-20 minutes.
- Spread pecans on baking sheet, then toast for 10-12 minutes. Chop half of the pecans into smaller pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, golden syrup, and salt, then bring to simmer over medium heat. Cook for two minutes, while stirring.
- Remove from heat, then stir in pecans, cider vinegar, vanilla, and bourbon. Pour into a bowl to cool more quickly (~10 minutes).
- Whisk in one egg at a time until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie shell, then bake 40-45 minutes until edges are puffed and center is firm but slightly jiggly. Cool, then serve.