These were my favorite Christmas cookies this year, a great combination of chocolate chip and cookies & cream. I added a sprinkle of sea salt to the top of each cookie, which, I think, put them over the top.
These cookies have milk chocolate chips, but I would consider a darker chocolate next time (just my personal preference). I wouldn’t change anything else!
MILK CHOCOLATE COOKIES AND CREAM COOKIES
Based on this recipe.
1 1/2 cups (189 g) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (35 g) milk powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4 oz. (half block) cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup (200 g) light brown sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped (~18-20 cookies)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
Coarse sea salt (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, milk powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and butter together on medium-high speed for 1-2 minutes until light and creamy.
- Add brown sugar and egg, beating on medium-low speed for 3 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients on low speed.
- Fold in the chopped Oreos and chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Scoop 1.5-2 tablespoons of dough, place onto a parchment lined baking pan (~30 1.5 tablespoon fit snugly into a 9×13″ pan), and sprinkle with sea salt as desired. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment paper/silicone mats on two baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies 11-12 minutes, or until edges begin to brown and middle is still gooey. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.