I was very pleased with the way these ginger cookies turned out. The recipe is ridiculously easy and resulted in picture-perfect, crinkled cookies with enough ginger/molasses flavor. Another great recipe to add to the collection!
CANOLA OIL GINGER COOKIES
Based on this recipe.
2 cups (260 g) all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup canola oil
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cocoa powder.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat oil and sugar until well mixed.
- Add egg and molasses, continue beating, and scrape sides as needed.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized balls of dough, roll in sugar (or place in bag full of sugar to coat), and place onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.